Pages

Ryan Phillippe- Ready to Quit Acting

Ryan Phillippe is burned out.

"I believe I'm leaving to end my acting career," the Bang Bang Club actor newly told the New York Post's Page Six.

He explained, "I'm so withdrawn. I'm prepared to go at the back the scenes. I'm 36, but I've been doing this for 20 years."



Certainly, Phillippe got his dramatic start as a teen in the early 90s on the just-cancelled ABC soap One Life to Live.

His first step in quitting life as a Hollywood star? Leave-taking Hollywood, the city. "It's so hard to go out in L.A. I'm leaving to move," Phillippe said. "I'm going to spend a third of my year in New York," he added, explanation he's been looking at pads in NYC's SoHo neighborhood.

One of the reasons Phillippe's prepared to stop being a celeb? The focus on his busy love life -- his rocky divorce from Reese Witherspoon, his on-again, off-again connection with Amanda Seyfried, his ex-girlfriend Alexis Knapp's pregnancy and more.

"I'm a high-quality guy," he insisted. "I'm not that man you read about."
Play now :